If you wish to contact us at the Cathedral, you can do so in the following ways:
Please note, if your enquiry is about lost property or issues with regard to visits to the Cathedral during the week please see the phone contact details for the Custodians below.
- Glasgow Cathedral, Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0QZ
- Cathedral Office – Currently we are unable to be contacted directly by telephone. We are working to obtain a new number, and will post it here when it is available. We apologise for the inconvenience and ask you to use the main contact form if you wish to be in touch.
- Historic Scotland Custodians 0141 552 6891 for lost property or general tourist enquiries.
Main Contact Form (the best way to be in touch): here
To those seeking historical information about family members who may be buried in the Cathedral graveyard or area; or who may have been baptised or married in the Cathedral:
The Glasgow Necropolis, which sits above the Cathedral has in excess of 50,000 interments. The Cathedral does not hold any records of those buried in the immediate graveyard or Necropolis, nor do we have anyone, at present, who can provide research into family members. We are sorry we cannot be of assistance to those seeking information about their ancestors, but sadly, we just do not have the resources.
- Our Minister is the Revd Mark Johnstone. If you wish to speak to to him please use the main contact form in the first instance. He would be pleased to assist with Weddings, Christening and baptism, funerals and all matters pertaining to the liturgy.
The Session Clerks
Baptisms, Weddings and Funeral Arrangements
Please use the main contact form to contact the Cathedral Administrator in the first instance. As these form part of the normal offices of the Church, the Cathedral is not available to be hired as a venue where our Minister and the Church has no involvement.
Events, Media and the use of the Cathedral as a venue or for film and television or photographic location.
The Cathedral is owned by the people of Scotland and although it has a worshiping congregation, the Church does not manage the building on a day-to-day basis. Historic Environment Scotland is responsible for all uses of the Cathedral which are not part of normal Church activities.
If you wish to use the Cathedral as a venue for an event such as a concert or hire the building to use as a film set or location for a photo shoot, please contact Historic Environment Scotland directly. Please be aware that for most uses permission will also be required to be obtained from the Cathedral Kirk Session. The Cathedral is a place of worship and any inappropriate uses will not be allowed.
Although the building is managed by Historic Environment Scotland much of what it contains is owned by the Congregation. Use of Church property may also attract fees in addition to charges made by HES for use of the building itself. The Church will also require evidence of sufficient insurance against any losses which may result as a consequence of the use of the Cathedral by an outside organisation.
Permission for the use of the Cathedral graveyard and precinct is required to be obtained from the City of Glasgow.
Director of Music
- Andrew Forbes
- email the Director of Music
- Dr Malcolm Sim
- Contact Form
Flower Committee Representative
- Mrs Norma Clarkson-Gorman
- Contact Form
Cathedral Chronicle Editors
- Shona French, 16 Florence Drive, Giffnock, Glasgow, G46 6UN. Tel. 0141 585 7117
Historic EnvironmentScotland, Tel.0141 552 6891
Glasgow Cathedral on Historic Environment Scotland’s website